Thursday, September 21, 2006

REALITY RANT

Because my fat ass is still not working a 9-5, I have been watching an obscene amount of television.
And kids, I sense the end of the world based simply on the horrifying behavior exhibited (and exhalted) by the "stars" of certain reality shows.

Whether it is the obnoxious behavior of the HOGAN family on Hulk Hogan's awful show, the REDONKULOUS displays of the whores on Flavor Flav's show, or the cloying, pandering antics of the skanks on HUGH HEFNER'S show.
I am not sure why these shows (I have only been able to stomach a few episodes) bring up such strong feelings. It seems like the ugliest habits, qualities, and attributes of the worst of us are put on display. It would not bother me so much if the venue was Dr.Phil, and these people were looking for help. But, no. These people are put on billboards and t-shirts, advertising campaigns are built around them, and I am sure a few of them will be able to cash in on their "talents" and move on to become a panelist on "The View" or star in some sort of Reality Star "All-Star" show.

Maybe it is envy, maybe it makes me uncomfortable because it makes me think of my bad behavior, or maybe I am just ashamed of these people since they are not smart enough to be ashamed. With the world looking so unfavorably upon America and Americans, I think we could do better than to have kids (and unfortunately ADULTS) looking up to these people, or trying to emulate the likes of these people
.

2 Comments:

Blogger PhotographerBoi said...

Hello Deary.. this is the guy you took to the Brittney concert at Desert Sky Pavilion, way back when you had 'Lather, Rinse and Repeat' on 104.7 :) I wrote a short while ago but haven't had internet for a couple months and every blog I see is newer than mine! If you figure out who this is, please e-mail me at ((PhotographerBoi@yahoo.com)) My mother (of all people) says that she knew you and knows others in your 'close circle' and that you had asked how I was doing..? (she's crazy, but that's a wierd thing for her to say) She since left the job where those people worked. Anyways...Yay!... I can't wait to hear from you!

7:52 PM  
Blogger PhotographerBoi said...

this blogging thing is too difficult... i thought i was savvy but this is weird... what happened to e-mail?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home